TERMS & CONDITIONS
- In these terms and conditions:
“The Finishing Post” means The Finishing Post Design & Marketing Consultants Ltd (Company No. 3433210) whose registered office is at No. 18, Park Farm Business Centre, Fornham St Genevieve, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP28 6TS;
“Services” means the goods and/or services to be supplied by The Finishing Post to the Client in accordance with The Finishing Post’s estimate/quotation or at the Client’s order and includes goods and/or services which, in The Finishing Post’s sole discretion, are required as a result of the Client’s instructions or lack of instructions, the inaccuracy of any Materials provided by the Client or any other cause attributable to the Client;
“Materials” means any documents, materials, data, photography or information supplied by one party to the other; and
“the Client” means the person who accepts The Finishing Post’s quotation for the supply of Services or whose order for Services is accepted by The Finishing Post and where the Client comprises two or more persons their liability to The Finishing Post shall be joint and several.
- These terms and conditions apply to all contracts between The Finishing Post and the Client for the provision of services to the exclusion of any terms and conditions specified by the Client.
- All charges quoted to the Client for the provision of the Services are exclusive of any Value Added Tax for which the Client shall be liable at the rate applicable from time to time. The Finishing Post’s quotations are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the quotation and the Client shall pay The Finishing Post’s charges (over and above the sums quoted) for additions to or changes in the Services, all corrections and delivery.
- The Finishing Post shall be entitled to invoice the Client (both on an interim and on a final basis) at any time following the provision of Services (unless otherwise agreed with the Client) and the Client shall pay the amount of The Finishing Post’s invoices (together with any applicable Value Added Tax and without any set-off or other deduction) within 30 days of the date of The Finishing Post’s invoice.
- Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due, calculated on a daily basis until the date of payment at the rate of 8% per annum above the Bank of England base rate from time to time in force. Such interest shall accrue after as well as before any judgment.
- The Finishing Post may set (and vary at its sole discretion) a credit limit for the Client. Notwithstanding the terms of clause 4 above if the aggregate of sums owed by the Client to The Finishing Post exceeds the Client’s credit limit for the time being the excess over that limit shall be due and payable forthwith and The Finishing Post shall be entitled to suspend work on Services for the Client until it has been so paid.
- The copyright in any Materials provided by the Client to The Finishing Post shall belong to the Client while the copyright in any Materials provided by The Finishing Post (including paid and unpaid pitches) shall, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Client and The Finishing Post, belong to The Finishing Post, subject only to the right of the Client to use Materials provided by The Finishing Post for the proper exploitation by the Client of the Services.
- Any Materials provided by the Client which are so designated by the Client and any Materials provided by The Finishing Post which are so designated by The Finishing Post shall be kept confidential by the party receiving them unless the Materials concerned are already in or enter the public domain otherwise than by that party’s act or omission.
- The Client warrants that any Materials provided by the Client and their use by The Finishing Post for the purpose of providing Services will not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party, and the Client shall indemnify The Finishing Post against any loss, damages, costs, expenses or other claims arising from any such infringement.
- Upon completion of the Services and payment in full by the Client for such work (and settlement by the Client of all other sums due from the Client to The Finishing Post) The Finishing Post shall at the written request of the Client assign to the Client its copyright in any Materials created for the Client as part of the Services, subject to the conditions of clause 14 of these terms and conditions.
- The Finishing Post warrants that its work shall be original and will not knowingly infringe third party rights. Any preliminary conceptual design work produced is for conceptual use only and therefore not intended to be used as final artwork. The Finishing Post cannot be held responsible for further use of conceptual designs without authorisation.
- For the avoidance of doubt, all concepts, ideas or other preliminary work produced by The Finishing Post in contemplation of but prior to the Client’s order for Services shall be deemed to form part of the Services and shall be subject to the same constraints as to intellectual property rights and confidentiality as the Services themselves.
- Unless The Finishing Post expressly agrees otherwise, it shall not be under any obligation to make any search or enquiry with regard to third party rights such as trademarks, registered designs or market searches.
- Unless expressly requested by the client in writing, it is standard procedure for illustrators, photographers, image libraries and model agencies to retain ownership of the original illustration or photograph, although this does not restrict the Client’s use of any illustration or photograph within the negotiated usage rights.
- The Finishing Post warrants to the Client that the Services will be provided using reasonable care and skill and, as far as reasonably possible, in accordance with the specification for the Services and at the intervals and within the times agreed between The Finishing Post and the Client. Where The Finishing Post supplies in connection with the Services any goods (including Materials) supplied by a third party, The Finishing Post does not give any warranty, guarantee or other term as to their quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise, but shall where possible assign to the Client the benefit of any warranty, guarantee or indemnity given by the person supplying the goods to The Finishing Post.
- The Finishing Post shall have no liability to the Client for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from any Materials or instructions supplied by the Client which are incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate, illegible, out of sequence or in the wrong form, or arising from their late arrival or non-arrival, or any other fault of the Client.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by The Finishing Post’s negligence, or as expressly provided in these conditions, The Finishing Post shall not be liable to the Client by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of The Finishing Post, its servants or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the Services or their use by the Client, and the entire liability of The Finishing Post under or in connection with the contract shall not exceed the amount of The Finishing Post’s charges for the provision of the Services, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
- The Finishing Post shall not be liable to the Client or be deemed to be in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of The Finishing Post’s obligations in relation to the Services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond The Finishing Post’s reasonable control, including but not limited to lock-out, fire, accidents, defective materials, delays in receipt of raw materials or bought-in goods or components, terrorism or acts of war.
- The Finishing Post shall be entitled (unless otherwise agreed) to sub-contract the provision of the Services or any part of them, and to receive and to retain for its own benefit any commission earned through the introduction of the Client’s business to third parties.
- The Finishing Post shall not be liable to the Client for the non-appearance of advertising placed by The Finishing Post for the Client, or for any failure to comply with the Client’s instructions in relation to the formal content of such advertising, where such non-appearance or failure was beyond The Finishing Post’s reasonable control, and The Finishing Post may charge to the Client all costs incurred and not recoverable by The Finishing Post in relation to such advertising.
- The Standard Conditions of Contract of the British Printing Industries Federation shall apply to any contract for the design and/or production of printed material for the Client in so far as such conditions are not inconsistent with The Finishing Post’s own terms and conditions (which shall prevail).
- Either party may (without limiting any other remedy) at any time terminate the contract by giving written notice to the other if the other commits any breach of these terms and conditions and, if capable of remedy, fails to remedy the breach within 30 days after being required by written notice to do so, or if the other goes into liquidation, or (in the case of an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt, makes a voluntary arrangement with his or its creditors, or has a receiver or administrator appointed.
- These terms and conditions supersede any other conditions previously issued.
- These terms and conditions (together with the terms, if any, set out in any specification for the Services agreed between the parties) constitute the entire agreement between The Finishing Post and the Client and may not be varied except in writing between the parties. All other terms and conditions, express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- English law shall apply to the contract, and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We collect data about you when you request an estimate or place an order for our products or services.
- This data may include, but is not limited to, your name, your business address, your business telephone, your business mobile, your business email and if required by you, your personal address if you request a delivery to be made to this address rather than your business address.
- We use this information to be able to conduct business with you, for internal record keeping and periodically for marketing purposes (see MARKETING OPT-IN below).
- Your data is stored for the length of time we consider you an active client, and for a period of 7 years following the termination of our contract with you (ie. the date of the final invoice of the final project carried out with you). This period is determined by HMRC tax regulations, as we are obligated to retain business records for this period.
- To enable us to deliver our products and services to you we may require to pass your data to our trusted suppliers, who are required to agree to our Non-Disclosure Agreement before commencing business with us.
- You have a right to request a copy of the data we hold on you and a right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
- As an existing or potential client of The Finishing Post, we believe you to have a legitimate interest in receiving information about the products and services we provide. You have the option to opt-out or unsubscribe from this marketing at any time.
- We will never knowingly sell your data to any third-party supplier without your consent.
- A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (eg. a computer, smartphone or tablet) when the user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
- The below table explains the cookies we use on our website and why we use them. Most browsers allow some control of cookies through their browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
|The Finishing Post Session Cookie||__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz||Cookies used to collect information about how our visitors use our site – to distinguish users and sessions, determine new sessions/visits and how users reached our site, in line with Google Analytics security and privacy principles: www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html|
|The Finishing Post Cookie consent||viewed_cookie_policy||CIs the primary cookie that records the user consent for the usage of the cookies upon accept and reject. It doesn’t track any personal data and is set only upon user action(accept/reject).|
|The Finishing Post Cookie consent||cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary/cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary||Records the default button state of the corresponding category. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.|
|The Finishing Post Cookie consent||CookieLawInfoConsent||Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.|