Latest blogsblog RSS
Subscribe to news updates
Get our latest news items delivered straight to you.news RSS
Suffolk design agency talks 'Content Marketing Strategies'...
By Sam 0 Comments
A review of recent changes to online search has established that SEO is no longer just about having the right keywords on your website. Keywords do not hold the weight they once did. Recent updates of Google mean that quality content has never been more important in helping to achieve organic search results.
So, once you are assured that your website is optimised with the correct keywords, it’s then down to managing the content and backlinks (links from other websites) to ensure you achieve and maintain the best possible search results for your site.
To support this are some interesting figures regarding custom content and blogs, and how they influence visitors to your site:
- 52% of consumers say blogs have impacted their purchasing decisions.*
- 57% of online marketers have acquired new customers via their blog.*
- 61% of consumers are more likely to purchase goods from a site with custom content.*
- Companies that blog 15 or more times per month get 5 times more traffic than companies that don’t blog.**
So, there are a number of ways you can make your website work harder for your business with a focussed content marketing strategy:
- Firstly, review your search results to pinpoint areas in need of a boost (for instance, our business currently is only 12th in the rankings for the term “design agency suffolk”).
- Work on creating useful and specific articles/blogs for your website and upload these on a regular basis. They should be specific to your business and be informative, interesting and relevant to your visitors (this article for instance). Then try to submit it to a number of other relevant websites that may want to feature it or provide a link to it (that may providing more backlinks to your website).
- Ensure your keywords are used in the headline and body copy – for instance: “Suffolk design agency, The Finishing Post, has created new website designs for premium envelope brand Plus Fabric”
- Have a news feed on your home page – a ‘spotlight’ that shows the first few words of your news items can help to influence search results.
- Post your article around your social media sites with links back to your website. Use publishing tools like Hootsuite to make your life easier – you can link all your accounts, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, for example, post once on Hootsuite and it will post to these accounts for you. You can also schedule these to go out at specific times and dates.
- Encourage user to share your articles on social media and their own websites - you can add quick links to your news page to help with this.
- Get involved online – answer questions on forums, start discussions and get yourself known. Always capitalise on the opportunity of posting a link back to an article on your website.
*Source: Social Media Today article
** Source: HubSpot Marketing Benchmarks from 7,000+ business report